Last updated: 03/09/2023
- OS: Fedora, simple, robust and works out of the box.
- Web browser: ungoogled-chromium, more private and faster than Firefox.
- Coding: Virtual Studio Code, it’s very slow but like the plugins and the integrated debugger.
- Email: ProtonMail encrypted mail and easy to use UI.
- Password manager: Bitwarden easy to use with a lot of apps for all platforms.
- RSS Aggregator: FreshRSS by far the best way to consume the web.
- Read later: Pocket save articles to read later.
- Personal Wiki: I documented some personal areas in Notion, however, nowadays I use org-mode for everything.
- Second brain: I maintain a Zettelkasten using Obsidian. The main purpose is to organize knowledge and later share it in this blog.
- Personal cloud: self hosted Nextcloud instance used as calendar and contacts server.
- Quick notes: Apple Notes.
- Task management: org-mode I’ve been trying it out and I’m pretty impressed already. Furthermore, I’m planning to migrate my personal wiki to org-mode.
- Expenses manager: Dime minimal and elegant UI without ads (only iOS)
- Music: Apple Music, on my desktops I use Cider
- Movies/Shows tracker: Trackt very convenient for recommending movies and keeping a watchlist.
- Server OS: Fedora Server, I like Fedora + Cockpit makes server management a breeze
- Docker containers:
- Portainer: manage the other Docker containers
- FreshRSS: RSS aggregator
- PiHole: ad-blocking for my home network
- Nextcloud AIO: AIO cloud solution for calendar, contacts, files, photos, etc.
- Uptime Kuma: monitor uptime of all the services I run + notifications on downtime
- Scrutiny: monitor the health of the hard drives in my server setup
- Auto Tab Discard: hibernate inactive tabs to save resources.
- Bitwarden passwords auto-fill.
- Chromium Web Store: support for extensions for ungoogled-chromium.
- Distraction-free YouTube remove visual elements from YT for a cleaner experience.
- Floccus: sync my bookmarks from Nextcloud.
- LanguageTool grammar and spell checker.
- I still don’t care about cookies removes cookie banners.
- Imagus: enlarge images on mouse-hover.
- JSON View: prettify JSON files.
- Linguist: translate web pages.
- m-wiki: redirect Wikipedia pages to the mobile version. I find the mobile version more readable and elegant.
- Reader View: declutter websites for a improved reading experience.
- Save to Notion: alternative web clipper. I use it to save food recipes in Notion.
- Save to Pocket: save stuff to Pocket.
- Tabliss: beautiful new tab page.
- uBlock Origin simple ad-blocker, works out of the box.
- Alphabetical App Grid: I can’t live without it
- AppIndicator support: add support for tray icons
- Caffeine: keep the screen on while doing nothing
- ddterm: drop-down terminal with Wayland support
- GSConnect: connect your phone with your computer
- Hot Edge: trigger activities view when the mouse goes to the bottom of the monitor
- Just Perfection: make minor tweaks to GNOME shell. Must have extension
- Vitals: monitor resources such as CPU usage, RAM usage, battery, temperature…
- Laptop: HP Pavilion x360 (i5 7200U + 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD)
- Phone: iPhone XR 64GB
- Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 4
- Tablet: iPad Mini 5