Last updated: 09/04/2023
- OS: Fedora, simple, robust and works out of the box.
- Web browser: Firefox, no further comments.
- Coding: Virtual Studio Code, it’s very slow but like the plugins and the integrated debugger.
- Email: ProtonMail encrypted mail and easy to use UI.
- Password manager: Bitwarden easy to use with a lot of apps for all platforms.
- RSS Aggregator: FreshRSS by far the best way to consume the web.
- Personal Wiki: Notion used to document personal areas of my life.
- Second brain: I maintain a Zettelkasten using Obsidian. The main purpose is to organize knowledge and later share it in this blog.
- Personal cloud: self hosted Nextcloud instance used as calendar and contacts server.
- Quick notes: Apple Notes.
- Task management: org-mode I’ve been trying it out and I’m pretty impressed already. Furthermore, I’m planning to migrate my personal wiki to org-mode.
- Expenses manager: Dime minimal and elegant UI without ads (only iOS)
- Music: Apple Music, on my desktops I use Cider
- Movies/Shows tracker: Trackt very convenient for recommending movies and keeping a watchlist.
- uBlock Origin best ad-blocker ever.
- Bitwarden passwords auto-fill.
- List Feeds get RSS feed URLs easily.
- Multi Account Containers separate work and personal accounts within Firefox.
- LanguageTool grammar and spell checker.
- Distraction-free YouTube remove visual elements from YT for a cleaner experience.
- I still don’t care about cookies removes cookie banners
- Sidebery vertical tabs FTW.
- Bypass Paywalls useful for reading “premium” news sites.
- Laptop: HP Pavilion x360 (i5 7200U + 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD)
- Phone: iPhone XR 64GB
- Smartwatch: Apple Watch Series 4
- Tablet: iPad Mini 5